Buying Steps (Resale)
Talk to your bank or lender. Or for a better rate, talk to a Mortgage Broker so you will know how much you qualify for.
2. Property Search
- Define needs and wants.
- Price, Location and Amenities.
Submit an offer with price, terms and conditions.
- Negotiation (Counter-Offer).
4. Waiver & Closing
After Financing is approved, Property Inspection and Condo Documents or any other Condition is satisfied: We will or will not waive Conditions.
- Lawyers: You will need to meet with a lawyer 1-14 days before possession for all the mortgage and transfer signatures.
- On Closing Day, Realtor and Lawyer will be communicating for key release. Normally, keys are released between 11:00AM-4:00PM (under normal circumstances).
5. Before and after Closing
- Call 3-1-1.
- Set up tax payments (TIPP).
- Request Trash and Recycling Bins.
- Set up Utilities:
- Call Enmax at 310-2010 or your preferred utility provider to arrange electricity, gas and other services (e.g. Internet)
- Setup Home Insurance
- Call your bank or insurance agent to obtain home insurance before possession.
- Obtain Mail Keys (if applicable):
- Visit the website or call 1-800-267-1177 to request mail keys.
- Once your keys have arrived bring your notice along with a Government Photo Issued ID.